Tuesday Bible Class “Seeing God in the Arts”
Join us from 10 to 11 a.m., Tuesdays in January, starting Jan. 9, for the four-week class “Seeing God in the Arts., lead by Melissa Miller who directs the River Hills United Methodist Church Art Reach Programming. All are welcome to attend, including friends and family.
Jan. 9 — Beginner’s Overview to Theology and the Arts
- What is theology?
- Learning to view and interpret arts through a diverse lens
Jan. 16 — Art and Artists through the Ages
- Brief look at religious/spiritual works from the Early Church on
- Focus on painting, sculpture, photojournalism, and music
Jan. 23 — Hands-on Creative Exploration
- Basics of Bible journaling
- Zentangle 101
Jan. 30 — Trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (Time is yet to be determined)
- Reinforce concepts studied in prior sessions
- Practice viewing art with a fresh perspective